Tuesday, September 05, 2006

 

Talking to 11 year olds about climate change.

Yesterday I spoke to a group of 80 eleven year olds about climate change. I was apprehensive because I wasn't sure if they would understand or be interested in this issue. I was really suprised by their knowledge on the issue and was blown away, when I asked them, 'what are some things that cause climate change?' and they replied with the normal things like, 'carbon dioxide,' and 'petrol,' but also things like, 'CCfs, nitrous oxide,' and 'sulfates!'

They were pretty quick and knew a lot about the issue already. I handed out a bunch of fridge magnets and information on how changing your electricity company to support renewable energy so maybe their parents will be as quick

Obviously their teachers are doing something to educate them on this issue...lets hope our Politicians aren't too far behind.

If you'd like a copy of my powerpoint just drop me an email.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?